- F.A.Q.s -
What is a Secret Keeper Girl?
Well, she's a lot of things. And she's NOT a lot of things. She's NOT a mean girl. She's a girl whose friendships are full of kindness. She's NOT boy crazy. Moms, can I get an Amen? She a girl who knows she can share all of her heart-secrets with her mom at any time. She's also a girl who embraces modesty. Why? Because she knows that she is a masterpiece created by God. She strives to keep the deepest secrets of her authentic beauty a secret! Maybe you are new to our site, or maybe you are a SKG Pro who has been to a live event. Maybe you have already read "Secret Keeper" and been on eight great dates with your Momma! Regardless, you, sweet girl, are a Secret Keeper Girl because you are a masterpiece created by God's hand.
Q: Should I come to the Secret Keeper Girl event with crazy hair?
While it's not a requirement and not everyone does, you're absolutely welcome to make your hair as crazy as you want for our live event. After all, it IS the Crazy Hair Tour! :-)
Q: What ages can attend a Secret Keeper Girl event?
Secret Keeper Girl Events are specially designed for tween girls ages 8-12. Girls younger than 8 will certainly enjoy most of the show, but some teaching elements might be over their head. If you really want to bring your teenage daughter, you might encourage her to volunteer as an usher. You would need to contact the local church hosting the event to do that. Be sure to let your teen know ahead of time that it's going to have a younger feel. The issues and topics presented will still be very relevant to her! (We do not address or use the word sex in a live Secret Keeper Girl event.)
Q: Will a Secret Keeper Girl event be coming to my area soon?
All event dates are listed on our tour schedule page at so be sure to check it out. New dates are constantly being added, so if you don't see your city, be sure to check back later. It just might be there!
Q: I'd love to host a Secret Keeper Girl event. How can I get information?
Our booking team is targeting specific cities and churches for Secret Keeper Girl to have maximum impact on our nation, but we sometimes fill in spots between events. If you would like to have an event request considered, you may contact SKG at 814-234-6072 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: When and where will photos from a Secret Keeper Girl event be posted?
We try to have photos from our events posted on our Facebook Page, no later than 48 hours after an event. Each event host/promoter provides us with the photos, so it does sometimes take a little longer for us to obtain them.
Q: Where can I purchase Secret Keeper Girl products that were available at the event?
Although Secret Keeper Girl t-shirts and messenger bags are only available at the LIVE events, other SKG products are available at our online bookstore. Check it out!
Q: Why did you choose the name Secret Keeper Girl?
Originally, Secret Keeper was a book for teen girls about how to keep the deepest secrets of your beauty for just one man. It was very successful and we chose to use that name to approach teens in an age appropriate way about issues of modesty and purity. It is certainly not our intent to encourage girls to be secretive. You'll see our events and resources are a way to get moms and girls talking, talking, talking about everything!
Q: What is the benefit of talking to my young daughter about the subject of modesty before she even begins to develop?
Believe it or not, sexual values are formed between the ages of 8-10. We believe that modesty would be best taught during that important developmental phase. On a lighter note, it's just easier to talk to a younger girl about modesty before her body is begins to develop. She's not nearly as self-conscience and she finds that it's really fun to take the Secret Keeper Girl Truth or Bare Fashion Tests!
Q: What about boys? Do you have resources for them?
Good news. With the overwhelming response to Dannah's book Six Ways to Keep the 'Little' In Your Girl, she wrote a similar book about boys, Six Ways to Keep the Good in Your Boy which released in early 2012. You can also check out Bob Gresh's book on sexual integrity for teen guys, Who Moved the Goalpost?
Q: I'd like to use one of the Secret Keeper Girl: 8 Great Date kits for group study in my church. Will that work?
Yes, we have had many groups do this! Though we love involving mom as much as possible, we know that sometimes that is not always possible. To do it as a group, you just need one of the 8 Great Dates books and you can copy the Girl Gab section for each of the girls (or download them at http://secretkeepergirl.com/8-gr8-d8s.php). You can also purchase a diary for each of the girls separately if you’d like. Then, you just act as "mom" as you plan all eight of the dates. You'll have a blast! (You might even have good success getting other moms to join in if you do all the planning for them!)
Q: What are the verses used in the show
- Ephesians 4:17-18 “And so I insist—and God backs me up on this—that there be no going along with the crowd, the empty-headed, mindless crowd. They’ve refused for so long to deal with God that they’ve lost touch not only with God but with reality itself.” MSG
- 1 Peter 3:3,4 "Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.”NLT
- Ephesians 4:32 “Be kind to one another.” ESV
- Proverbs 13:20 “He who walks with the wise grows wise.” NIV
- Song of Solomon 4:7 "You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you." ESV
- 1 Timothy 2:9,10 “I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pearls or expensive clothing. For women who claim to be devoted to God should make themselves attractive by the good things they do.”NLT
- 2 Corinthians 5:13-14 “If I acted crazy, I did it for God; … Christ’s love has moved me to such extremes. His love has the first and last word in everything we do.” MSG
- Psalm 103:9-10 “He will not constantly accuse us, nor remain angry forever. He does not punish us for all our sins; he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve.” NLT
- Romans 6:23 “The wages of sin is death, But the free gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord!” ESV